Want to work at Camp Buc this summer?
There’s simply no better or more rewarding way to spend a summer than working in a Christian camp setting. As a part of our summer staff, you will join with other young adults and year-round staff in an encouraging community of faith that will challenge you to grow in your relationship with God. You will have the opportunity to share your faith and listen to the faith stories of others as you lead campers through daily Bible studies and worship experiences, and as you guide campers through the daily activities that make up all the fun of summer camp. Our Summer Staff works together for ten weeks, beginning in late May and ending in early August. We structure our programs around a “small group decentralized” model of camping. The majority of our camping sessions are week‐long residential sessions for kindergarten through twelfth graders. Specialty camps include a Day Camp, Buddy & Me Camp, High Adventure Camps, two-week camp options, and Mission Camps.
*** Camp Counselors –
Camp Buc is part of the Buc Outdoor Center, a ministry of the Foothills Presbytery, Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in Sapphire, North Carolina. Through a variety of different programs for children from Kindergarten to 12th grade the camp offers an open Christian environment for campers and staff to work, grow and play.
We are currently looking for Counselors (having completed one year of college) and Assistant Counselors (Ages 17-18) to join us for the summer of 2013. Applicants should display:
1. A lively interest, experience, and solid skills working with children or youth.
2. A desire to share themselves and their faith through devotions and daily life.
3. Love, experience and skill in various camp activities (some examples include: arts and crafts, guitar and other musical instruments, gardening, hiking, outdoor cooking, rock climbing, high ropes, lifeguarding, paddling, swimming, archery, field games, leading singing, creating skits and drama with children, etc.)
4. A strong work ethic and a “team player” attitude; being mature enough to work professionally with a group under the direction of coordinators.
5. The capacity and desire to let go of one’s “own agenda” for the summer and to grow in one’s calling. All staff are expected to focus on our campers (giving up partying, electronic media, being “in camp spirit” Sunday through Friday) so that one can join the community of staff in a ministry for children and youth.
If you are interested in learning more about this fantastic opportunity to have a meaningful service-oriented summer job, please contact David Carter Florence, Camp Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-550-2115 or LeAnne White, the Foothills Presbytery Camp Buc registrar, at 864-288-5774 or LWhite@FoothillsPresbytery.org.